Saturday, March 17, 2012

HAND ROLLED ROSE CHALLENGE

I recently saw this beautiful piece on Pinterest.  I would never use it as a throw rug, but this idea could be used in so many other ways!
I'm working on something along these lines.   What a great way to use scraps!  I've made a lot of hand-rolled roses over the last year or so.  I've used book pages, tissue paper, felt, wool, chiffon, cotton, and burlap.









Just think of the beautiful table runner that could be made with a combination of fabrics made into roses and other flowers.

What would you do with this?  What fabrics would you use?  All the same?  A mixture?  On the floor?  On a table?  On the wall?  What a fun project - time consuming, but fun!  
So, that's what I'm doing!

Speaking of fabric roses, with a drawing on March 20th, there are only two more days to sign up to win my
Spring Rose Pillow.  


Go here to register.  Just "follow" and leave a comment on the giveaway post.


Sharing on:
I Heart Naptime




6 comments:

Mrs. Duerr said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Nan! I love your ideas and wish I had some time on my hands to try them out... Your projects are exactly what I could see in our house. :) Keep up the fun posts - I love reading them!

Denise Vakili Fine Art said...

Oh, that is so awesome. I will add that one to my list for art in my craft room. I have an empty wall where a piece like this NEEDS to go. Thx for sharing!

Jess said...

I love that rug although I would totally use it on the wall...gorgeous!!

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see what you make Nan! The rug is beautiful. Amazing on a wall. There is no way I would want to step on this!!!

Локосова Татьяна said...

Замечательная идея! По такому ковру хочется ходить босиком! Ваши цветы просто восхитительны! Супер!

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

You are such a springboard of ideas for me, Nan! We must think alike or something! I have some oslanburg fabric that I was going to make into a runner...and wanted to add chiffon trim, but Hancock's didn't have enough. So, now I'm thinking, embellishing with fabric flowers...hmmmm BTW, I gave you a shout out in my post today! Love, Janis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...