Sunday, February 5, 2012

HEART COVERED WAX PAPER

Right about this time of year, teachers are feeling pretty stressed out.  
It's already February,

but . . . 

Its.  Only.  February!

There's still a lot of work to be done. 

It was at this time of the school year, when I'd start to ask myself, "How am I going to teach them everything I need to before the end of the year?"

How do you get through those "forehead against the blackboard kind of days?"

Well, CHOCOLATE, of course!

So I baked a batch of my very own secret recipe chocolate chip cookies . . .
and followed a packaging idea from Martha Stewart.  I got out my wax paper . . .
  . . . and some Valentine paper cocktail napkins.
Cut out tons of hearts from the hapkins.
Then make a "sandwich" in this order:  paper towels, wax paper, hearts, wax paper, and paper towels.  Then set a dry iron to medium, and iron the "sandwich".   Voila!  The hearts get sealed inside. 
(Just like making stained glass with crayon shavings as a kid in grade school.)
 
Then package up the cookies in neat little stacks.  I put about 5 or 6 cookies in each package.  Enough to put that chocolate craving to rest, but not enough to totally ruin your New Year's Resolution!
 Then I tied them up with some ribbon and homemade tags.  I used the antique "HARE" dictionary page from the Graphics Fairy again.  I sure have gotten a lot of use out of that graphic - love it!  Thank you, Karen!
 Now they're ready to deliver to a couple of good teacher friends as they tackle another Monday morning in February.

February classroom stress relievers - comin' up!



Sharing on:

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cute idea Nan! I will have to try that for the kids in Sunday School :) Thank you!

~Sharon

Jess said...

great idea!!! :D

cindy said...

Going to do this for my co workers - a group of hairstylists and nail techs! Thanks, Nan!

Hank Hendricks said...

A small tag has made a simple gift in a precious gift.

Where i can find the plastic key tags inside which i can put the picture.?

Usman Hadi said...

Does this cocktail napkin has a Scratch Card for the promotion?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...