Sunday, November 21, 2010

Love these chairs!


I love the look of these Horchow chairs . . .
but not the price . . . $2,400 and $1,800!

                            Old Hickory Tannery "Marla" Chair 

                             French Laundry Home "La Jolla" Chair


But! I was walking around Goodwill the other day and saw a real
diamond in the rough.
The sold sign was torn off -
someone had already seen the potential.
However, that customer had changed their mind
and left the store. So, I paid my $9.99 and
took it to the car.

So, here it is . . . in the rough!  It looks so sad right now, but I'm really excited to
give this chair its complete makeover!  It has great bones and they're about to show!

Stay tuned!

This project is linked with Saturday Soiree at A Little Lovely.


12 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh! These chairs are beautiful. I know yours will be too. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Gorgeous!! You found an amazing chair at an incredible price...way to go! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

God Bless,
Kathleen

Nicole@thiscreativeadventure said...

I love that chair! I can't pass up a chair for under $10. I can't wait to see the reveal!

Raine and Sage said...

Certainly the bargain of the new decade. Wow-ee!! It's absolutely gorgeous... I can't wait to see what you do with it! Sonia :)

Amanda Lee said...

$9.99???! What a steal! That chair is going to be amazing when you're finished with it.
~Amanda

Inspired by you said...

Why can't I be that lucky! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Artichoke Alley said...

I can't wait! My husband says that my obsession with chairs is what got me into this little hobby/business!

time worn interiors said...

I can't wait to see what you do that great chair!
Theresa
aka:tot

Jen said...

Wow that chair has some serious potential! The cushion looks like it's in great condition. Please don't tell me you were lucky enough to find it filled with down also??? I will be even more envious if so :)

I can't wait to see how you finish it. I just finished a similar french wingback chair in a black and cream damask print. Check it out if you're interested:

LittleMissPennyWenny.blogpot.com

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh my gosh!!! I would kill for that chair. The caning, the cushion, the Frenchiness. I love, love it. Really. Love. True love.

Anonymous said...

I adore that chair!! $9.99 Oh my!! I love it. I found a chair today for $10.00 but it's not as gorgeous as yours.I have to start working on it soon.I'm a new follower. I don't want to miss any of your projects.

Kathy

Unknown said...

great find and im your newest follower. cant wait to see it done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...