Thursday, May 19, 2011

Now, every good and true story begins with four very special words . . .

That is the first sentence in the story of Miss Gillyflower.  Who is Miss Gillyflower?  She is the main character in a children's storybook I'm working on.

My departure from the classroom has taken place and people still keep asking me, "Are you sad?" or "Do you have any regrets?"  Well,  I don't have even one little regret - only excitement!  In the classroom, we are always talking to the kids about setting goals.  Set your sights on what you want to accomplish, figure out a plan for how you're going to do that, and then GO FOR IT!  Well, I've set four long-term goals for myself.
They are:

The Adventures of Miss Gillyflower
(a children's book I have written and am working on illustrating)

Lots of time with paints, brushes, and canvases
to fill up my Etsy shop.

"Dear Gilly"
Dresses for little girls with a tie-in to
Miss Gillyflower in a very fun way!

And -
last but not least -
When fall comes, and school bells start to ring . . .
cello lessons for moi!


It will all take time, and I don't plan on doing everything at once.
But THIS "retired" teacher doesn't plan on sitting around in a rocking chair!

5 comments:

Artichoke Alley said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see and hear about your adventures!

Boom said...

Hi Nan! I love your goals. I know you are going to be a success. I have been retired for a few years now and I think you will find that you are so busy after a while that you wonder how you had time to work. You hear this often; but it really is true!!

Gwen said...

So happy for you! Already love Miss Gillyflower and I've only seen her picture. Oh, and those little Gilly Dresses make me wish I had a little girl to dress.

Unknown said...

sounds like you have a good plan...

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh go for it with the Cello lessons...our son played violin and our daughter-in-law took Cello..what a wonderful goal. I have been thinking of setting down at the piano again..that is when my piano playing children and hubby aren't in the house.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...