I've been nominated for the
There are 3 "rules" for this award to take place. They state that I am to thank the blogger who nominated me, so THANK YOU My Home Road for the nomination! I am also supposed to list 7 things about myself:
1. I have a wonderfully supportive husband who thinks everything I make is "FANTASTIC", as he would say. Whether it is or not, he really believes in me, and that keeps me going.
2. I work full-time teaching sixth grade in a Christian school to some really awesome kids.
3. My husband and I have six grown children and 12 grandchildren.
4. One of my sons is courageously battling testicular cancer, undergoing chemotherapy, and inspiring our whole family with his positive, survivor attitude.
5. I love to read in my spare time - I just wish I could read and make stuff at the same time.
6. Some of the earliest projects I can remember are clothes I made for my troll dolls from fabric scraps my mom would give me. I even made some out of large leaves and used pine needles for thread. Yeah, I know.
7. Finally, everyone needs a dream. My dream would be to write and illustrate children's books in my retirement!
Last, but not least, I am to pass the award on to bloggers I have recently discovered and love! Here are some blogs that I enjoy: