Thursday, September 18, 2014

PURPLE IRIS, BUD TO BLOOM

Day 18
of
3 0   P A I N T I N G S   I N   3 0   D A Y S

This time around with the 30 in 30 challenge I've been behind the eight ball every, single day!  Today is no exception as I'm just beginning today's painting.  I need to paint ahead, or break it up, or piecemeal it, or something!  Because my house needs cleaning and I have laundry to do!

First, a photo of the start of the purple iris.  Such a fun project for a cool and cloudy September day!  This subject was suggested to me by a friend who has a nostalgic tie to purple irises.  I love suggestions for drawing and painting because it gets me to try something new.

 So here are some photos beginning with the ink drawing . . .


to gradually adding color.




And, finally, the finished piece!


It's so interesting that so many flowers have symbolic meanings and many are used in weddings and other events because of their meanings!  I have read that the Purple Iris is symbolic of wisdom and compliments - love that!


To purchase the ORIGINAL botanical, click below:

To purchase a print of the botanical (3 sizes available), click below:

This little adventure is going to count for about 3 days of my 30 Paintings in 30 Days.  I knew this when I saw my husband come in the door with 4 shirts, freshly cleaned and pressed, FROM THE CLEANERS!

 That is NOT supposed to happen - I'm retired!!!

It's time to do some laundry.  

Thanks for looking.  I'll be back on Monday!

-Nan







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...