Friday, September 12, 2014

LITTLE BLUE HOUSE IN LAVENDER - 8 X 10 INCH WATERCOLOR/INK

DAY 12
OF
 3 0   P A I N T I N G S   I N  3 0   D A Y S

I thought I'd be finishing my blue poppies today, but I just wasn't in the mood to work on flowers today.  Maybe it was the cold and rain?  So, I went back to an old photo I used from the website, paintmyphoto.ning.com.

This is a lavender farm in France and I did a quick watercolor sketch of this same photo a while back.  This one took a lot more time but it was really fun.  I also did a really quick sketch of a different monastery/lavender farm, also in France.  Really rough, and really quick, but also fun to do.  "Little Blue House in Lavender" is available on Etsy and ready for your mat and frame.  
(Below is an example of how this piece will look with your mat and frame.) 

 "Little Blue House in Lavender"
(8 x 10 inch painting in a mat and 11 x 14 inch frame)
Watercolor, Pen/Ink


And the sketchbook version - pretty distorted because it's not on watercolor paper.  This was such a pretty little sketchbook that I picked it up even though it was a very porous handmade paper and NOT meant to handle watercolors.  Very different from today's version but I love the melding of colors.

And a really quick sketch with watercolor/ink just to have fun with the different values.

For purchase of "Little Blue House in Lavender", click the listing below:

Thanks for looking!

-Nan



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...