Friday, September 5, 2014

BLUE POPPIES No. 2 - SOLD!

Day 5 
of

3 0   P A I N T I N G S   I N   3 0   D A Y S

Meconopsis, or the Blue Poppy, is the national flower of Bhutan.  I have learned that this flower was discovered in 1922 by a mountaineer while trying to reach the summit of Mount Everest.  I guess it's hard to grow unless you have really fresh seeds and perfect condition.  

Shoot!  I'm sure Wisconsin doesn't fall into the category of "perfect conditions" but what a gorgeous flower with its crinkly tissue-like petals and interesting seed pods.  I have used archival quality watercolors in shades of blue and turquoise, along with a TechLiner archival quality pen.

In progress. 

 And done!



Just for an idea of what "Blue Poppies" will look like when matted and framed.


And, to purchase "Blue Poppies", click the listing below:

SOLD!

Thanks for looking!

-Nan





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...