This is an armoire that houses our television and it's been great. But, I've really been on a painting streak lately and the armoire was next in line. This was taken with my phone's camera - but you get the idea. This room is dark anyway and the armoire didn't help. So, it was time to lighten it up. I have a lot of brown, beige, and aqua in this room and this piece is going to be aqua.
The ottoman that I made last winter has the same color aqua in it - a better picture is below.
And a table between the loveseats . . . aqua.
Even the paintings in the room have some aqua in them.
So. It's done. It's aqua. And I love it!
No Annie Sloan Chalk Paint here.
I used a mixture of Olympia paint from Lowes. The first color I tried was way too light - it looked cold. So I added a little more greenish-aqua from the table project above, and the end result was a lighter version of that table. Then a little distressing and some dark wax. By the way, the distressing was really easy, even though it wasn't Annie Sloan's famous chalk paint!
Tomorrow, I'm going to share a failed project. I figure we all have them and I know it does my heart good to read your posts about what worked AND what didn't.