Monday, December 20, 2010

Make faux rosewood flowers out of book pages

I found this wreath while looking at another blog - it uses the same technique for making roses that I used on my felted nest pillow.  I never thought to use paper in the same way.  You can visit the website at the bottom of the photo and learn how to make these.

Looking back, here are some pictures from the day Jan and I 
made felted roses for our pillows last winter.




Here is mine.  I made a similar "flower" arrangement out of paper for a Christmas gift, in lieu of a bow!
Just remember to roll your roses from the outside of the spiral first.  You can watch a pretty good video of how to make the flowers here.
Brown paper packages tied up with string . . . 
Love anything related to books - this package I am giving to a very special couple!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

These paper roses are absolutely gorgeous. Who cares what the gift is when the package is this pretty. Christmas Blessings!

Liz said...

What a wonderful blog that's filled with so many beautiful and achievable ideas! I'm so glad Bob shared it with me.

Raine and Sage said...

I love this wreath and the flowers to use for wrapping. I'm always a big fan of recycling and this is a great example, but really gorgeous ideas too! I'd love a present with a flower on it like that! :) Sonia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...