Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DAILY PAINTWORKS

There's a website I like to look at called Daily Paintworks.  It's a site where artists can join with other artists, paint "together", critique each others' work, and even sell their work.  They also host "challenges" where a topic is chosen and then everyone paints their version, photographs it, and then uploads it onto the site for all to see.  Some challenges are ongoing, some are a one-time deal.  Here are three of the challenge categories that I would like to enter and some of my own photos that I would paint from.

 White on White
Taken at home with my grandmother's platter, a small pitcher,  and a "Lime Light Hydrangea" from my garden.  The rule for this one is, 85% white.



Up Close Animal
Taken in the country, on the way to Monches Farm and at the Wisconsin State Fair last summer.






Paint It Primary
I took this on a small island off Captiva.  The first one is the original color, the second one is with the color altered to be a little more aqua.  I loved the way the little boy was fascinated with his shadow in the sand.  I would take some liberties by adding some red to his shorts to qualify for the primary color category.

Yesterday, I thought I had it all sorted out.

Now to choose . . .


2 comments:

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Three dandies to choose from! Love them all, but I'm thinking you'll have to remove one leave from the hydrangea to meet the 85% . he he he Enjoy! :)

Judy said...

Love the plate, pitcher and hydrangea. Could anything be more beautifully creamy white than that?

YOU COULD MAKE THAT IS ON FACEBOOK!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...