Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A ROOM, A SHEEP, AND A PAINTING GOAL

I had a fun, busy day yesterday. Stayed home, turned off the AC, turned on a fan, and camped out in my little workroom.  Today's post is about three things that transpired - I'll go light on the words and just share pictures   

#1
A ROOM 
I started out the day by cleaning my workroom.  
(There's nothing like cleaning out your work space to make you feel industrious.) 


Miss Gillyflower and friends nearby as a reminder to get going on that . . .

Along with a great little bit of wisdom!
Some stuffed versions of the characters as a model . . .


#2
A SHEEP
I worked on a close-up painting of a sheep using a photo for inspiration.


#3
A PAINTING GOAL

Then, as a result of the Daily Paintworks Challenge I blogged about a few days ago,  I decided to join the DAILY PAINTWORKS group in September.  (My sheep painting will fit in the Up Close Animal category.)  
So, when a lot of my friends head back to the classroom in a few weeks, I'll try to add in some time spent painting every day.  There is a small fee to join but it's a place to be seen, get inspiration, and sell.    And you can join for a month or forever!  Kind of like Etsy but with a focus completely on painting.  

There are two main reasons I want to join this group:  

1.  It will challenge me to paint things I wouldn't normally paint.
2.  It will make me step out of my comfort zone and focus on using oils rather than acrylics.  It isn't that you must use oil paints, but most of the artists do.  So, you know, peer pressure and all . . .



1 comment:

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Ooooh, your work room is lovely and your sheep, well, he is MOST handsome! Love his eyes! So looking forward to seeing what September brings! TFS!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...