Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NEW YEAR - NEW LOOK

   It's a new year.  Something about putting up that new calendar must make people want to clean, clean, clean - myself included!  My car knows the way to the drop-off line at Goodwill pretty well by now.  I guess after weeks of having my house a little over-decorated for the holidays, I crave more simplicity once the new year arrives.   Simplicity and change.

First of all, I decided it was time to give the BLOG a little color change.
Something calm and soothing.


Then, on to a few color changes around the house.  
Thanks to Horchow, aqua/turquoise is one of my favorite colors.  


 
 Then, I looked in the "Turquoise" folder I keep on my computer.  While I don't remember the source for all of these, they show some great ways to bring some turquoise-like color into a room.   The"slip" on this chair is not my style, but I do love the color of the chair itself.
         
So, today, I'm pulling out my little pot of turquoise-like paint and doing a little damage.
I'll post the results . . . if I like how it all turns out.



3 comments:

Susanne said...

This is a fun idea, we should all have a turquoise file, ha! Especially since Pintrest won't send me an invitation!
Susanne.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Turquoise is a great color to work with. Happy New Year, and happy painting.

Patty Swinimer said...

Blog looks great, love the font!

YOU COULD MAKE THAT IS ON FACEBOOK!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...