Thursday, July 28, 2011

A BOW, A CELLO, AND A LESSON

"Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all that he can."
-Henry Drummond

I LOVE THAT QUOTE!

I'm about to begin a new chapter in my life.  Fall is right around the corner and the school bells will be ringing in less than a month.   Many of my friends will be heading back to the classroom soon. That means that in the next few weeks, they'll be relishing those last few lazy mornings of summertime.  It also means they'll need to be spending some time getting names on all of the desks, coat hooks, and supplies.
Plus . . .
  Working out lesson plans.  
Getting the schedule together.  
Meeting with parents.  
Organizing their desks. 
Thinking up new bulletin boards.   
Putting up new bulletin boards.  
Basically, doing everything possible to make the classroom a fun, colorful, and interesting place to be.
Oh, and don't forget . . . going to meetings.  
And then going to more meetings.

But not me!  

That chapter is over and I'm beginning a new and exciting one!  And as the quote suggests, this part of my new chapter looks hard, and a little scary, and . . . like more than I think I can do.  But, I'll never know if I can do it, until I try.  So, Im busy gathering my OWN "school supplies" which I will NOT find at Target!  I need this . . .
and this . . .
which I'll put in this . . .
and then I'll head to my very first 
CELLO LESSON!

My instructor is all lined up.  I'm committed to it now.
So!
Friday, September 9th is the day!  

Maybe in a year or two I'll put a little audio clip on this little blog . . . stay tuned!  :-)

2 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

So, you are going to learn to play the cello and I just started ukulele a couple weeks ago.

You go, girl!!

Maybe we can jam????

Yolanda said...

Oh I'm so excieted for you! I did the same myself 15 years ago when I was in my 40's. Even though I never really got beyond just playing some simple songs and impressing my frinds with my very crude skills, I loved every minute of it. Playing duets with my instructor was my favorite part. It made me sound as though I could REALLY play. It's the journey that counts! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...