Thursday, August 18, 2011

ONE HOUR, A STRAW BAG, AND A LITTLE WOOL FELT

I came across this straw bag recently . . . on clearance.  It's lined in hot pink cotton.  No closure.  No embellishments.  Just a plain straw bag.  So, I got out that lime green wool felt I had left over from the ring bearer pillow I recently sold in my Etsy shop,  Gillyflower Cottage, and made a few felted roses and a closure tab out of what was left.  And, voila! 
A very inexpensive, fun summer bag!


The closure is actually magnetic and the buttons are just for looks.   I put a bright pink button in the center of the green one to tie in the pink lining.
This is a teesy felted rose on the other side of the closure tab - on the back of the purse.
I'm going to a luncheon at noon with one of my favorite groups of ladies and this will be the perfect bag for today!

2 comments:

Sonja Petrik - The Borrowed Brushstroke said...

Oh I love this! What a beautiful idea...

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Ah, you are going to be the belle of the lunch ball!

So good to hear from you, I was afraid you deemed me ...crazy! LOL

Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...