Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ARTICHOKE THISTLE No. 2

Day 23
of
3 0   P A I N T I N G S   I N   3 0   D A Y S

Here is the Artichoke Thistle again, done in watercolor and ink on 140 lb. archival quality cold press paper.   Barely getting this on today before the day is done.  I think I'm ready for this challenge to go away, but I made the commitment so I'm going to finish!

While reading about the various types of Thistles, I came across the Artichoke Thistle.  It has been declared an invasive weed in most areas but I think they're beautiful and interesting.  Kind of dry and unfriendly looking until you get to that pretty tuft of purple at the top.  They're also really fun to draw and paint!  

The original watercolor of Artichoke Thistle No. 2 AND a print in the same size are available for purchase and will arrive on your doorstep creatively packaged and slipped into a cellophane sleeve, ready for your matting and framing.


Thanks for looking!

-Nan



1 comment:

Sheila said...

Absolutely beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...