Monday, September 22, 2014

ARTICHOKE THISTLE No. 1

Day 22
of
3 0   P A I N T I N G S   I N   3 0   D A Y S

The Thistle, symbolizing nobility and austerity, is the national flower of Scotland.  I have painted the Artichoke Thistle, noted for it's spiny base, which is thought to protect it from being lunch for animals.  The thistle, with its crown of purple, is a member of the sunflower family.  


This listing is for the original, 9 x 12 inch, watercolor.  It is done on 140 lb. paper with Sennelier watercolors.  Will arrive creatively packaged and in a cellophane sleeve, ready for your mat and frame.



Thanks for looking!

-Nan



                                        




               

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Nan! Just came across your blog and love your work! What sort of pen/ink are you using for your drawing? I've been messing around with ink & watercolor, but my ink is running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...