Tuesday, August 26, 2014

MY AUGUST GARDEN and a ROSE MALLOW COMMISSION

A   C O M M I S S I O N

We all have our favorites - those flowers that remind us of our childhood home, our mothers, fathers, or grandparents.  Yesterday, I had a request for a Rose Mallow watercolor.  The Rose Mallow happened to be "a mother's favorite" and now it has been painted to be a constant reminder to someone of a very special person in her life.  

 "My Mother's Flower"
5 x 7 inches


You can purchase your own commissioned flower painting by clicking the photo below

So, here's to growing a flower garden!  It seems that for myself, and others, many memories are made for gardeners and observers alike, when time is spent in the garden.  For me, holding a trowel is 
right up there with holding a paintbrush!  

Or to quote one of my favorite artists:

"My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece."  -Claude Monet

and speaking of gardens . . .


M Y   A U G U S T   G A R D E N

It's August.  That means many of us are finally sitting back and reaping the benefits of all the soil amending, planting, weeding, edging, and dead-heading -  all the hours we spent in the dirt that brought us to this point.  Now the garden is in its last chapter and August is when we carefully mow and manicure the edges to make the perfect frame for all those blooming beauties.  I have a garden full of Bee Balm, Cleome, Zinnias, Phlox, Coneflowers, and Hydrangeas.  I can hardly fill up my vases and jars fast enough because everything is blooming at once.  Hopefully we'll have another month or so to enjoy this stage before the first frost hits.













O T H E R   G A R D E N   A R T   F O R   S A L E:




Thanks for looking!
-Nan





1 comment:

Phawnda Moore said...

This is just lovely. I enjoyed your garden and art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...