Sunday, July 13, 2014

HANDMADE COPTIC STITCH WATERCOLOR JOURNAL

Over the last year, along with working in a watercolor journal almost daily, I've been completing  separate journals to remember trips we've taken.  Coming up is a trip to Northern Wisconsin to spend a week in a log cabin on Butternut Lake.  For this trip, rather than buying a ready-made journal, I followed a great little video on how to make my own coptic stitch watercolor journal.  


A little coneflower bouquet nameplate on the back.

12 pages = 24 useable sides. This should be just the right amount to capture a week of memories.


Coptic binding is from the 2nd century AD, used by the early Christians in Egypt.  When open, the book lays flat, which is perfect for my purposes.  This could also be used as a vacation scrapbook or photo album.

The video I followed can be found here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...