Wednesday, August 28, 2013

CHANGES

Changes are in the works.  

In just a few days, I'll be starting the 
30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE - an online challenge
provided by an artist I've admired for awhile now.  As of this morning there are 228 participants.

So, in preparation for this challenge, I've been gearing up to get back into blogging - but not on this blog.  This blog is for crafting, making, tutorials etc.  And I'm a little burned out on all that.  I've been purging "stuff" like mad around here and I'm just not that interested in making more stuff and clogging things up again.

I have another blog that I set up last January.  I haven't taken very good care of it, but the 30 in 30 Challenge has forced the issue.  In order to participate in the 30 in 30, you need to link all entries back to a website or blog.  This is going to be a huge commitment no matter how I look at it.  Fortunately, the guidelines state:

"Understand there are no real rules for this challenge. If you miss a day, then paint two the next day. If you fall behind, please stay in the challenge! No one is counting how many paintings you have completed (except you), I promise! The only rule is that you must have fun and enjoy the process." - Leslie Saeta (the instigator of this challenge!)

So my reason for participating?  I am making the commitment to spur on some accountability for myself.  It's so easy to let a day go by without doing a little drawing or painting.  And you can't get better without practice!  Here's a little peek at some photos I'll be using for future painting possibilities

I'm still working out some kinks in my other blog, but will post the address in the next few days.  I hope that some of you will transfer over to the new blog and "follow" along as I waddle through the challenge!  I'll need all the encouragement I can get!  Maybe some of you are signed up for the challenge too?  If so, please let me know - I'd like to follow your efforts!

-Nan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nan, I am interested in this challenge. I am an artist too but for the past few years, I have been selling on my website and therefore have been painting "things" instead of paintings. I too want to get back to painting and drawing some every day, but so far not having much success. I will follow your challenge and hope to get some inspiration to forge ahead as you are. I hope you will visit my blog and you can see some of my paintings. I would to hear your comments. Here's to painting! gracefulrose.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...