Tuesday, October 18, 2011

PILLOWS FOR AUCTION

The school where I used to teach has an auction every year as a fundraiser.  There are some really great things auctioned off - trips, sports memorabilia, tickets to sporting events, art, kids' projects, and some home made items.   Today I'm just showing a couple of pillows that I'll be donating to the auction which is this coming weekend.  One is a pillow I showed a while back, and the other is loosely based on a pillow I saw in a shop in McKinney, Texas this past weekend.  
 First, the shop pillow shown above, which was selling for $85.00.  The pillow was made out of white felted wool, and the flowers out of pastel aqua and white felted wool.  
 My pillow is made of burlap (of course) with white felted wool for the flowers.
 I love the contrast in textures.
This pillow was done with Transfer Artist Paper on burlap.

Coming soon . . . pictures from our trip to Austin, Texas for the Livestrong Foundation's Ride for the Roses.  Also, some great pictures from my latest trip to My Favorite Room, in McKinney, Texas.

1 comment:

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

I love both pillows! The burlap with the felt flowers is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...