Thursday, August 25, 2011

A BIRD PILLOW AND SEWING KIT IN A JAR

My one and only niece has graduated from college and is now "setting the world on fire" with a new job!  Along with that new job, comes her first post-college apartment.  She saw a pillow similar to this one recently and loved it - so I made one for her - kind of an apartment-warming gift!  Along with the pillow, I'm sending a sewing-kit-in-a-jar.  Doesn't every young person in their first place need one of these??  

Happy first apartment, Betsy!

 I pulled a thread from the burlap to make it easier to cut a straight line - on the grain.
 Used a little HeatnBond . . .
 and some linen.
This is a take on the pillow Betsy chose.  I added stitching around the edge . . .
 and a blanket stitch around the applique.
 For those times when a button pops off she'll have a jar of 12 different colors of thread, scissors, safety pins, and a needle.
 The top is a pincushion!
 
 Happy Housewarming to my favorite niece!!!

:)


Sharing on:
Freckled Laundry's
AIR YOUR LAUNDRY FRIDAY
and
WEEKEND FEATURES AND SISTER SUNDAY LINK PARTY







6 comments:

Anne said...

Sweet! love the kit in a jar, what a fun gift!

Little Blue Mouse said...

Wow, if that bird eats any more he's not going to fit on the cushion!

Love both the cushion and the sewing kit.

Unknown said...

I was looking for the rabbit you painted for Grandma and was so excited to read this post! YAY for fat bird pillows! I'm so very excited to give him a home in my living room. I must think of a great name. I can't wait for him to arrive! Thank you, thank you!

michael ann said...

This is such a cute housewarming idea! I wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment on my site and am really loving all of the projects you have here! Great blog :)

Mimi said...

I love birdies and this pillow is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this :)

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with air your laundry Friday!

Jami

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...